[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Rules

Edward Sawyer EdwardS at sbelectronics.com
Thu Feb 21 06:30:29 EST 2019

It seems like the actual issue in this case is that rules don't really address the remote operating from a club issue.  Clearly the operation is happening in Maine and not Maryland from a "contest location".  If it was operating HH2AA, clearly it's a Haiti operation.

But are the club rules also defining a remote operation as an "expedition" to the remote station or simply an extension of the operators if they are all located in Maryland.  The rules for a club don't allow an "operation out of the territory" to count if its inside the US but the do if its outside the US.

I think that club rules should just address the remote operating head on and be done with it.  Remote operation outside the club territory but inside the same country = ?.

I agree with Dennis though that it counting for YCCC doesn't seem to be the answer in any scenario.  I think it is either "doesn't count" since it's the same as an operator outside the club territory or it sets up a new rule specific to club scores - which would have it a PVRC operation.

Ed  N1UR