[CQ-Contest] EU out of band on 160

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jan 29 13:51:41 EST 2020

Every time I operate a major phone contest (which isn't too often nowadays)
I get called by USA stations on 14.140 or 7.080 if I choose to operate
there. (usually I am looking for EU's if I am down there) I am not unique.
All the bigger CDN stns operate on those freqs at times. VY2ZM/TT, VA2WA,
VE3EJ etc

Should those USA callers be DQ'd or have their QSO's removed?

I am allowed to operate on those freq's on phone.  It's not my fault they
called me.

I used to very politely inform them they were out of band,(very easy to do
phone.not worth my time on CW) but most of the time I just got foul language
back in my face (every once in a while, someone would thank me; then split)

What the contest sponsors choose to do with the Worldwide SDR recordings and
frequency information included in your Cabrillo file is up to them.  I made
the Q's in good faith, within the bounds of my license.  I am not the FCC
(or in this case, the various licensing bodies in EU)

I'd leave the 160m Q's below 1.810 in your log Scott.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB