[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for the CQ WW WPX SSB and CW Contests in 2021

John Crovelli w2gd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:37:01 EST 2020

CLARIFICATION:

Due to my deteriorating reading comprehension skills, earlier today I misinterpreted what power categories are permitted under the Classic Overlay system.

Both HP and LP entries will be eligible for awards under the Classic Overlay.  I apologize for my error.

However, after reading the rules once again this evening, it appears Classic QRP entry scores will be lumped in with the thousands of Low Power entrants (VI.B Overlay category entries will be listed separately in the results, scored as All Bands, and grouped by High Power and Low Power (includes QRP).  Perhaps a separate listing (and awards?) for the growing number of Classic QRP enthusiasts will be arranged to afford them the recognition deserved.

With today's changes the WPX CW QRP Unassisted record set in 1997 @ P40W will likely remain unchallenged forever.

Regards,

John, W2GD/P40W/P44W