[CQ-Contest] Question about category

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Oct 5 14:16:33 EDT 2020

On 10/4/2020 1:47 AM, Tonno Vahk wrote:
> ARRL in his FAQ even defines it:
>
> “Operating” includes all methods of soliciting and making QSOs.

Neither ARRL or CQ are the rule-makers for all contests. I know of at
least one state QSO party that considers the driver of a mobile entry an
operator. For mobile operation, I consider this entirely fair to
differentiate this from one person in a mobile who both drives and
operates. Certainly operating and logging while also driving is quite
challenging; the alternative is for the single person to drive between
setups, park, and operate, in both cases with self-contained antennas
and power capable of operation in motion.

73, Jim K9YC