[CQ-Contest] DSP units with great noise reduction

Martin, LU5DX lu5dx at lucg.com.ar
Thu Oct 22 09:36:16 EDT 2020

Hello John,

In my case I use several things.
I have two noise cancelling units:
QRM Eliminator by SP8RSM
JPS ANC-4
These are no DSP but rather X-Phase type.
I owned a Timewave DSP599zx which worked okay in many aspects, like with no
specific EMI sources.

I sold it when I bought the FTDX3000D.
This rig is great. I have tested it during SSB and CW contests. On CW with
the optional 300Hz roofing filter it simply outperforms other rigs I have
used like, IC7851, K3S, IC7700, IC7600.
The noise reduction capabilities are pretty good.

I think you may have to experiment fighting the QRM based on what's present
at your location though.
Eventually you may want to explore with software using Linrad for example
as a last step in your noise-fighting artifacts chain.

Some videos on YouTube that may give you an overview:

QRM Eliminator:
https://youtu.be/0KJai82eP2g
https://youtu.be/efyJRS3jbOI

Linrad
https://youtu.be/rWm38BW2-TI

I would really suggest you consider the DX Engineering NCC2

Vy 73,

Martín, LU5DX