[CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County

Edward Sawyer EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com
Wed Jul 14 08:09:26 EDT 2021

Actually I don’t believe you are correct.  When you are “in person” in the country, you are governed by the reciprocal licensing of the 2 countries for people visiting.  There is nothing in that normal language that discussing doing that virtually for most countries (maybe some have added language – not sure).  An internet connection does not make you “in the country”.  Which is a good thing for tax purposes….

This is in fact the question.

Ed  N1UR

From: Michael Walker <va3mw at portcredit.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 8:03 AM
To: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com>
Cc: cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Operating - Cross County

This would be the same if I visited from Canada to the US and visited someones station and operated a contest from their callsign.  Nothing wrong with that as long as it doesn't exceed the terms of my license.   Think of it as a long mic cord.  :)

The question is can I 'keep' the QSO's in my person log?

Good question.

Mike va3mw

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 9:13 PM Edward Sawyer <EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com<mailto:EdwardS at advanced-conversion.com>> wrote:
I continue to see postings of scores by a ham outside the US operating a US based remote site.  The hams do not have their own US callsign and "borrow" someone else's callsign from the US.  I am pretty sure this is an illegal operation in the US.  Am I missing something?  Its happening pretty much every contest now.

Ed  N1UR
CQ-Contest mailing list
CQ-Contest at contesting.com<mailto:CQ-Contest at contesting.com>

More information about the CQ-Contest mailing list