[CQ-Contest] RFI Faucet

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 12 21:00:34 EST 2022

I do a lot of baking, so decided to purchase and install a new touch operated faucet for the kitchen sink in the ham shack.  It works great, allowing washing hands without messing with the faucet handle.  However, I recently discovered the faucet turns on when I transmit power on 20 meters.  Also, my XYL decided she wanted one of these faucets for the main kitchen, and informed me that her faucet behaved erratically one evening when I was operating CW on 80 meters with 800 watts.
Anyone know how to shield a touch faucet?  The model I have is Delta Faucet Leland Touch Kitchen Faucet.  It is powered by 6 AA batteries.  The battery pack is connected to the valve via a pair of wires about 3 feet in length.  There is also a single wire about two feet in length connecting the valve to the faucet.
Thanks for any advice.
73, Keith NM5G