[CQ-Contest] RFI Faucet

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Nov 13 01:39:24 EST 2022

Hi Keith,

I'd start by touching base with ARRL's RFI group. Years ago, I heard
that touch lamps were not practical to fix, and these faucets may be
more of the same. I'm guessing super cheap electronics, running wide
open, pretty hi-Z inputs. Could be, for example, a free-running
oscillator that gets detuned by proximity. Several years ago, W4UAT gave
me a touch-switched LCD monitor that not only put out a ton of RF trash,
but turned flips from contest-grade RF. It was no better behaved for me
than for Larry, and I gave it away.

73, Jim K9YC