[ct-user] 7 Mhz RF getting into keyboard.

Walt Kornienko k2wk@crystal.palace.net
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 08:15:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hey all.

I've been having problems with getting extraneous
characters in the CT call sign or exchange windows
when running on 7 Mhz.  Someone told me that the
keyboard clock in most PC's run at about 7 Mhz.
Is this fact or fiction?  If it is indeed the case,
how does one filter out the RF from the keyboard/computer?
I've tried torroids on both ends of the keyboard cable
without success. Any suggestions?

Keyboard is a Gateway 2000 Programmable type and the
computer is a 386/DX33 clone.

*                73 de Walt Kornienko - K2WK (FRC)              *
*        k2wk@crystal.palace.net  or  K2WK@N2BIM.NJ.NOAM        *
*	 Snail: 52 Sunset Inn Rd  Lafayette,  NJ   07848	*
*        201-579-1966  (machine)  or 201-579-3660 (shack)	*

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org