[ct-user] WRITELOG format

P & V Nesbit P & V Nesbit <pnesbit@melbpc.org.au>
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 11:09:51 +1100

At 22:09 20/12/97 -0600, Larry K4AB wrote:

>"All reports sent were 59 (9), unless otherwise noted."
>This is not true. I sent 59 (9) ZERO FOUR.
>
>As a matter of fact, no where in CT produced logs does it state my zone.
>Not on the log, and not on the summary sheet.  The CQWW rules state that
>all ***SENT*** and received exchanges are to be logged. (Rule XI, number
>2).  So in fact, every CT log submitted is in violation of CQWW rules,
>unless the user manually edits the log.

Good point. The same also applies to other contests, where (for whatever
reason) one sends something other than 599, and wants the report actually
sent to appear in the log.

I have always disliked the format produced by WRITELOG, which leaves out
the exchange sent. Many are the times I have fiddled with WordPerfect
macros to add the RST sent to a new fifth column, and (depending on the
contest) to follow it with the zone, or else to move the QSO number from
the third column to the new fifth column.

This is terribly time consuming. I feel compelled to do it however, to
ensure that when I have sent something other than 599, it appears in the
log and the QSO is not busted if someone checks the RST.

Ken, would it be possible to modify WRITELOG to produce logs in this more
traditional format, without too much difficulty?

e.g. WPX:

  DATE     TIME  FREQ  CALL     SENT     RCVD    NEW MULTS  PTS
24-May-97  0958   40   JA2YKA  599 067  599 025     JA2      6

CQ-WW:

  DATE     TIME  FREQ  CALL     SENT     RCVD    NEW MULTS  PTS
23-Nov-96  1229   40   SM3EVR  599 30   599 14    14  SM     3

73,
Peter VK3APN
pnesbit@melbpc.org.au