[ct-user] 1000MP Keying

Richard & Martha Wilder Richard & Martha Wilder <wilder@abs.net>
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:26:00 -0400 (EDT)

I have modifed two rigs (IC-735 and IC-737A) to overcome the problem and I
would hope that all manufacturers would adapt this proceedure.

I added a phono connecter to the rear panel that was wired to the
output of the internal keyer.  The computer (or a straight key) is
connected to the phono connector and the quarter-inch connector is used
only for the paddle.

I think that this circuit would be less expensive to manufacture.
The added phono connector would be less expensive in material AND labor
than the eliminated change-over switch.

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI    k3di@arrl.net
      Please send amateur radio mail for Dick via k3di@arrl.net