[ct-user] Re: Loading & running CT from DOS.

Joseph Agius Joseph Agius" <Joseph.Agius@sybase.com
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:46:50 -0400

If you disable the port in the device manager of the control panel, it will
probably work without
having to shut down the machine.
Disable it when windows is up, then reboot.
Part of the "Bill Gates operating system control features"

But then don't forget to reenable it to use it in windows again, the next time
you bring windows up.

Actually some pc configurations will let you run CT from a DOS window in win 95
and win 98 and some limit
this usage to keying with the LPT port only because windows takes control of the
com ports unless you disable them
as above - then it really gets confusing but it does work.

So computer literate people can experiment and find out what works for them and
the rest of us can
just boot into DOS.

I have heard about CT for Windows - what is that? Anyone know anything about it?

W1TW
Joe

k6ll@juno.com on 06/22/2000 12:21:07 PM

Please respond to k6ll@juno.com