[ct-user] MFJ tnc problem

John Scott John Scott <jascott@ix.netcom.com>
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:22:59 -0500

You do not state what model of MFJ TNC you're using.  I have a MFJ-1270C
with firmware release level 2, version 2.0  release 2.2 dated 11/11/95
that works just fine.
I note in your note you've designated 4800 bits per second via the TSR.
I presume that the dip switches on the TNC are set the same.  If your
serial port will support it, I would suggest setting the TNC for 9600
and set the TSR for the same.  Regardless of the radio speed, this will
provide better performance by letting the TNC buffer the data stream.
If the TNC works elsewhere, there should be no reason it doesn't work
with CT's TSRs.  Obvious question is "What's different about the CT
setup compared to the setup that worked."

      --John Scott,  K8YC