[ct-user] CT9.60

David Robbins David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net>
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:52:32 +0100

i am thinking of the m/s case where more than one computer is sharing the number
sequence, unless contest sponsors all accept the possibility of duplicate
numbers being sent it is necessary to reserve a number across the network.  and
since the ct network is only a broadcast network the reservation must be a
broadcast.  and since the qso may not be logged until some time after the
exchange gets sent there must be some way to tell the other machines before the
qso gets logged that you have used the number.

there are of course problems with any scheme for keeping numbers in order across
bands and computers in any network scheme i have considered... and it gets even
more confusing if you allow operators to send the serial number by hand or voice
before they tell the computer they are doing it.  in those cases it is very
possible that you send one number and end up logging a different one.

--
David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto://k1ttt@berkshire.net