[ct-user] CT 9.90.007 and Paddle

gdaught6 at Stanford.edu gdaught6 at Stanford.edu
Thu Jun 26 15:02:52 EDT 2003

On 26 Jun 2003 at 20:20, David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

> Check that you aren't getting rf into the port... turn off or reduce
> radio power.  Doublecheck wiring and pin numbers, make sure no pins
> are shorted and that pullup resistors are properly connected.  Slow
> the speed way down and try to send single dits and dahs to see if
> maybe you have bounce in a paddle contact.

Also, make sure that you've plugged the computer's keyed output
into the straight key jack on the radio, and not the keyer jack.  (That
drove me crazy once with a laptop and paddle that I KNEW worked,
but an unfamiliar radio!)

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT