[ct-user] Clock Problems

jeff.klein at hewitt.com jeff.klein at hewitt.com
Sat Feb 7 12:19:52 EST 2004

Reposted for jeff.klein at hewitt.com

I've used CT for years on a variety of computers. Because I operate a lot
of VHF contests where time accuracy is important (meteor scatter skeds
etc.) it's especially helpful to have the clock functioning correctly.
>From time to time in the past I've noticed the computer's clock off a few
seconds but never much more than 5-10 seconds over the course of a
contest. I recently upgraded to a new computer with the latest in
capabilities and of course, Windows XP. I also loaded an automatic time
update using Dimensions 4. I've started to run wsjt (psk441) where you
need a clock that's highly accurate to run the right sequences. So, the
computer clock is basically right on  all the time. My first serious
contest with the new computer and the latest version of CT (downloaded
early Janaury) was the  VHF SS. I noticed as I was entering skeds ahead of
time that the clock in CT was getting further and further off in accuracy.
The CT clock was off typically by 2 -3 minutes every hour. I rebooted
frequently to get it back in synch with the computer clock. The computer
clock meanwhile was staying accurate. In the past when CT was off a bit it
was really the computer clock that was off. This time it almost seemed
like the clock in CT was stopping every time I typed an entry until I hit
enter. Anyone else experience this and have a suggestion?

Tnx,  Jeff K1TEO