[Fourlanders] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

Robin Cutshaw aa4rc at amsat.org
Wed Jun 21 08:57:48 EDT 2006

What he said... :)

Robin
AA4RC

-----Original Message-----
From: fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:fourlanders-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Brian McCarthy
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:25 AM
To: wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Cc: fourlanders at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Fourlanders] Banning The Use Of 144.200 MHz During Contests

So you folks have been called to look at something. Ugh. I guess it could
have been worse...

To answer A. : No. Not in 90+% of the country (by surface area).

To answer B. : Certainly. There is always a need for constructive guidance
and instruction. Being blessed and published by the league will give it
credibility to many and make a target of discussion for the rest that care.
In either case, the concerns get advertised and the "right thing to do" gets
highlighted to many that may not have realized there was a problem.

Good Luck!
Brian
NX9O