[Fourlanders] contest set-up

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 1 23:05:07 EST 2009

Bob, if the weather looks good (not too cold) I might come up and get the 6
meter station in order.  It doesn't look like we will be using the K3 after
all.  Scott ran into some technical difficulties.  It turns out that he has
had the rig for a couple of months but had never tried it in SSB!  When he
tried it out in SSB mode no modulation but works great in CW.  He is working
with Elecraft to resolve the issue but in the interest of getting things
done sooner rather than later we will just go with my FT2000 again.  I will
give you a call before I come up.