[Fourlanders] K8EAB's Icom 706 for sale ...

Ron Rogers ww8rr at charter.net
Sun Apr 18 21:18:11 EDT 2021

Yes…that's exactly what my buddy Dale (WB9YCZ) does with one of his 706 rigs. Using the Remote Rig interfaces he has the 706 radio body located at his home QTH with all the normal HF & VHF antennas and has the 706 radio head mounted in his BMW SUV along with the other Remote Rig interface. His connection to the internet for the Remote Rig interface is via his Verizon Jetpack also mounted in his car.

When we were running around Cape Coral together back in March he was talking to some of his Indianapolis friends on 52 simplex and through a couple repeaters using the radio located at his Indy QTH.

Ron

WW8RR