[Kids] [KA1MOM@aol.com: Bounced message?]

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Jun 17 14:42:43 EDT 2003

----- Forwarded message from KA1MOM at aol.com -----

From: KA1MOM at aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:34:00 EDT
Subject: Bounced message?
To: kids-owner at contesting.com

The following message bounced.
When I signed on to the list, I thought that the setup included posting
privileges.  If not, the only thing that needs to be done at this time is to get
the event information in this message out so that people in my area have the
option of acting on it.

TNX & 73
-= Bill McIninch, Jr.  KA1MOM =-

KIDS DAY STATION AT AIR & SPACE DAY EVENT

It happens that I will be manning a ham radio booth at the Tewksbury, MA Air &
 Space Day event on June 21.  If there is any way to get a dipole up, I will
be doubling as a Kids Day station.  Since this is within 25 miles of the K1D
station, I suspect getting through to somebody won't be a major problem.

For more information on Air & Space Day:
       <A HREF="http://spacemanning.net/">http://spacemanning.net</A>

I won't go into details, since the list of exhibits and special guests runs 3
pages, but it looks like a lot of fun.  This event is to raise money to build
a handicapped-accessible observatory for the Tewksbury schools.  No
donations, just a cut of the profits from all the junk food & souvenirs sold there.
Expected attendance is 5,000-10,000 people.

Expect to hear "CQ Kids Day from MOM, KA1MOM." for at least part of
Saturday's event (operation may be paused due to excess noise during rocket launches
and low-level flyovers).

-= Bill McIninch, Jr. =-
KA1MOM / E
ARRL PIO, Metro Boston