[Mldxcc] [Fwd: Operation Approved for DXCC]

Ken Anderson k6ta at volcano.net
Tue Jun 7 14:44:41 PDT 2011

--------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Operation Approved for DXCC
From:    "Moore, Bill,  NC1L (ARRL Awards Branch)" <nc1l at arrl.org>
Date:    Tue, June 7, 2011 2:30 pm

The following operation is approved for DXCC credit:

TJ9PF - Cameroon

2011 Operation

Special Note:

"We have been notified that the TJ9PF QSL labels have been printed with
the year 2001 instead of 2011.  This is a known software bug that has
been fixed.  Regardless, we do not believe the integrity of the TJ9PF
logs or operation are affected by this printing error. Also, the TJ9PF
logs have now been uploaded to LoTW, providing a primary source of QSO
confirmations.  We will add instructions to the DXCC system internally
to note this operation's correct year.  No one wants to promote the
wasting of resources to reprint labels or cards, or to require resending
of cards to fix an error which has little effect on the program.  DXCC
will accept TJ9PF QSLs showing the date as 2001.

73 es DX!

Bill Moore NC1L

Awards Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio(tm)

225 Main Street

Newington, CT 06111

Telephone: (860) 594 0234

Fax: (860) 594-0346