[Mldxcc] W1AW/6 Signup Now Open!

Steve Dyer via Mldxcc mldxcc at contesting.com
Mon May 19 01:34:00 EDT 2014

The ARRL Centennial QSO party has garnered tremendous global attention and participation.

The second CA operation is scheduled for 10/1 to 10/8 and sponsored by NCCC. This coincides with CQP so this presents a great opportunity to showcase and promote the premier state QSO party as well all the great stations and operators we have in N. California.

The first CA operation netted 37,151 QSO's. Our goal for the October operation is at least 60,000.

To meet this goal we will need coverage of as many band-mode slots as possible during the week. There are 1400+ prime HF slots so there is plenty of opportunity to get on and operate in all modes.

The pileups have been huge so this is a rare chance to be on the "other side" without having to leave your own station.

Before signing up, please consider:

-The station owner must be an ARRL member.

-The station owner will be responsible for securing the log and forwarding it to the coordinator daily.
-Each slot is 2 hours. You are responsible for the covering entire time.

If
 you are interested in signing up, please send an email to w1srd at arrl.net to request a username and password for the W1AW/6 website. Include your station particulars and any plans you have beyond SO.
M/S, M/2 and M/M operations are encouraged!

Anyone can view the site without a password at http://www.w1srd.com/w1aw-schedule .

Once you have access to the site you can select the time slot(s) by band and mode you would
like to request.

Please understand that there is no guarantee of getting the slots you request and we may also need to juggle stations to get maximum coverage.

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

73,
Steve
W1AW/6 Coordinator

P.S. - Feel free to forward this info to other N. Cal clubs you are a member of!