[Mldxcc] Smaller stations can work FT4TA 40 meters

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Nov 6 19:57:26 EST 2014

On 11/6/2014 11:16 AM, Robert Hess via Mldxcc wrote:
> Those of us in the working world have limited time.  I managed to get them on 20, first call last Monday.  I'm happy.
> Bob

The biggest thing you can do to unlevel the playing field
is to retire, like I did 6 months ago.  However, when
I was working, I set up an HF remote that I could operate
from my desk at work.  Several ATNO's were logged from
the office.  On phone, I used a voice keyer, so I didn't
have to be talking while operating.  All you need are
two messages:  "<your call>" and "QSL 599".  People
stopping by my cubicle saw me on the phone (listening
to the DX) and just figured I am talking to a vendor
or something.  The boss might wander by a 7 PM seeing
me still at my desk working a late opening.  Poor Rick,
the work a holic.  I made up the lost time DX'ing by
working before or after hours when there was no
propagation.  I was a researcher not a manager so
my time was very flexible.  Not everyone could do this.

DXCC is about "being there" as the saying goes.
But you can be there remotely.

Rick N6RK