[Mldxcc] Rotator Mounting Question

Jim Venneman wx6v at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 15 12:54:04 EST 2017

Greetings,Here at WX6V, I’m getting the antenna system up and running again, with the invaluable help of George - KI6CG and Dennis - WU6X.
Now that the new Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor is installed in the tower - I’m wondering about the wisdom of following Yaesu’s instructions to pin the mast to the rotor. I did that but am having second thoughts. Seems like that may put undue stress on the rotor during windy conditions.
I appreciate any insight others may have on this subject based on experience pinning masts to rotors.
Thanks!!de Jim -WX6V-Auburn

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone