[Mldxcc] 160 DX Monday night

w6de w6de at tealpond.com
Mon Jan 15 23:21:23 EST 2018

On 160 meters FT8 tonight, Monday (GMT 2016-01-16 02:30 to 04:00), with my
Inverted-L antenna, I copied VP8EME @ -4; LU/N3NBA @ +3; HR2DMR @ -22
Couldn't get LU or VP8 to copy me, it was tough to find a quiet spot to
transmit.  The HR2 was in and out.

They are out there on 160 and 80.  I've picked up several Band-Countries on
these bands with the FT8 mode. The nice thing is you can listen/copy to the
whole FT8 band segment and patiently wait for a DX station to pop-up. And,
you don't have to wait for the DX to CQ either, "Tail-ending" is an
acceptable approach to being the DX's next QSO.

Go get 'em.
73,
Dave, w6de