[NA-User] Cluster Connect Questions - Long

Bob, N5RP N5RP@pdq.net
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:03:23 +0000

This might be long winded, and at first may seem to have only minor connect
to the reflector at hand, but I will appreciate your reading.

Subject:
DX4WIN, DXTELNET, NA - Software in use and inter-related in this message.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I have been seeing where others were connecting to the clusters using
IK4VYX DXTELNET,
and then having the connection from this software put spots into DX4WIN,
so I decided to see what was involved, and attempt to do same.

I succeeded, and all seems to work fine.

AA)
I loaded the 3 necessary programs of:
UDP program from IK4VYX,
DXT4WIN from IK4VYX,
and then DX4WIN; Vs 5.03.

aa)
Pse confirm.... I do need all three programs loaded.... correct ??

BB)
The "stay alive" feature of DXTELNET seems to be of advantage to my station
installation. The filters available to DXTELNET may prove of value.

bb)
What other advantages might I realize by running DX4WIN with a linked
DXTELNET data retrieve that do not seem to come to my mind just now?

CC)
Finally, I would appreciate p-mail from any reader that has first hand
knowledge in connecting to the clusters and managing to feed the received
data into a contest computer running DOS based program NA version 10.54.

If I can manage to feed packet spots into NA, as I have managed to do with
DX4WIN, then this will be the next conquest for station N5RP.
Bob Perring
Amateur Radio Station  N5RP
mailto:N5RP@pdq.net
N5RP Station Page: http://freeweb.pdq.net/perring/station.html