[NA-User] Rig Control Question - need Help!

RLVZ at aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 14:20:53 EST 2004

Hi NA users,

NA has been my favorite contesting software for many years... but I've got a
problem.  About a year ago NA quit working for Rig Control on my two
FT-1000-MP's.  (CAT is not working).  I have checked the computer's COM 1 settings and
they look good to me: 4800 baud, 8 databits, Parity- None, Stop bits 2.  See
#2 below.    A couple questions please:

1) Is it true that I can use a standard (no null) 9-wire RS-232 cable?  Or
would I have better results if I made up a special cable with less than 9 wires?

2) When configuring the COM 1 settings, what is the preferred setting for
"Flow Control"?  (the options are: Xon Xoff,
Hardware, and None.

I sure miss Rig Control... all idears greatly appreciated!

73,
Dick- K9OM