[Nodxa] Redeem your IRC's now.

Williams, G (AF8C) af8c at arrl.net
Thu Dec 28 23:38:20 EST 2006

There are two kinds of IRC's for this discussion.  The first kind
is the ones that explicitly state they expire 12-31-2006.  The second
kind is the older small size IRC's that don't seem to state
anything about expiration.

I was able to exchange the large format IRCs that state 12-31-2006.

I guess I should see what I can do with the old style small ones.

Here's that link again from WB8K that you can print to take
to the USPO when attempting to redeem IRCs.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc3_007.html#npLZq39wats

--Glenn

At 04:44 PM 12/28/2006 -0500, Jimk8mr at aol.com wrote:

>Thanks for the tip!  I was able to find about 50 of them old suckers  (most
>from QSLs from my travels in the late 70s and early 80s) and took them  into
>the Beachwood Post Office on Tuesday.  It took them 2 days to figure  out
>what
>to do with them, but they tell me I'll have a bunch of new stamps to  take
>their place.
>

>In a message dated 12/23/2006 1:31:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>wb8k at adelphia.net writes:
>
>A recent item  from Frank W3LPL & published in the Daily DX  gives some
>information about redeeming your old IRC's. The old style IRC,  those
>issued after January 1, 1975 may be redeemed up *until December 31,
>2006.  *After that date they will be  worthless.
>
><snip>

>--
>12/28/2006 12:31 PM

NNNN