[Nodxa] TX3X Chesterfield Island Update #9

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org
Wed Oct 7 18:04:13 EDT 2015

Sending from my personal e-mail address because of the TX3X server issues.

Oct 6, 2015

We know the TX3X.com web site is down. We've been in contact with the
web hosting firm and have knowledgeable radio and web resources in the
USA working the problem. No estimated time of restoration at this moment.

Although its intensity down the wind is still a problem. However, it's
still too strong to install additional antennas, the tents are holding
up well. The boat crew did work on the tent stakes to better secure them
to the shifting sand. The antennas are also holding up well. We've had
no serious equipment problems. We know that some contacts on the first
day were logged as PSK31, we will fix the logs. Because of the high wind
it is not possible to install the 6 meter antenna any time soon.

This morning we had outstanding 10 and 15 meter openings to North
America. Last night we had good openings on 15 to Europe, unfortunately
40 meters was not in good condition.

The pilots are receiving far too many e-mails asking that we check the
log for your contacts(s). This is a very time consuming process and will
not be done until we're back home. We know there's a high reliance on
log search and we see the dupe rate climbing. It would be far more
productive if you made your "insurance" on another band.

Please keep in mind the team is living and working in very difficult
conditions. We'll do our best to get you in the log but we need your
cooperation.

Thanks for your patience.

Team Chesterfield DX-pedition

--
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw at barf80.nshore.org>  <kb8nw at hotmail.com>  <kb8nw at arrl.net>