[RFI] Odd QRM at AC0X
Dohmen, Ron - Deltec
ron.dohmen at deltec.com
Thu May 22 08:30:27 EDT 2003
One of the members of our DX club is having trouble identifying QRM at his
QTH. Can you help identify this QRM?
Here is a copy of an email he sent to our reflector.
73 de Ron N0AT
Here's some links to some of the recordings of the QRM I spoke about in
today's meeting. Any help in IDing this would be VERY appreciated.
http://www.ac0x.com/AC0X_QRM.wav (about 600kB file)
http://www.ac0x.com/AC0X_QRM2.wav (about 250kB file)
http://www.ac0x.com/AC0X_QRM3.wav (about 275kB file)
http://www.ac0x.com/AC0X_QRM_AM.wav (about 265kB file)
1) It can be heard ALL OVER the HF spectrum, although it is stronger on
20/17/15m, but I suspect that may have more to do with a better antenna on
those frequencies than lower frequencies
2) Signal strength varies between S2 to S8 on those bands, at different
3) It can be heard 24/7
4) It's best heard with the beam at 240 degrees.
5) It's better heard on the T8 than the sloper (T8 is a higher antenna,
and the tower portion of the sloper is within 20' of the shack)
6) It does NOT go away when I shut off all the computers in the house.
7) I can't copy it with a Grundig YB-400 portable in front of the house.
8) Although I can't run the Icom on DC power, I'm 99.99999% sure it's not
in the house, because if I walk all over the house with the Grundig portable
I can't find it.
9) I've had this problem for quite a number of years, with different rigs,
and pre-dating broadband Internet in the neighborhood.
-------------- next part --------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the attachment(s) accompanying it, if any, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that dissemination, distribution and/or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail or by telephone at 651-633-2556 and destroy all copies of the original e-mail and attachment(s). The view or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient(s) should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
More information about the RFI