[RFI] [TowerTalk] "The Socialized Power Grid"

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Sat Apr 23 11:44:36 EDT 2005

I'm a fan of Molly Ivins.  She's a hoot.
But then, the Tejas 'lege' gives her plenty
of material.

Bill, how does direcway handle the back-channel?
via dialup?  Or do you actually have satellite UPlink, too?

If the government wanted to incent land based broadband to
the final 5% of the population, all they have to do is
assert a tax on telco service, and mandate that the telcos
provide DSL throughout their network, with a 2 or 3 year
rollout timetable.

THAT would be intelligent policy making.

n2ea
jimjarvis at ieee.org