[RFI] KENMORE APPLIANCES

Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) nv8a at att.net
Sat Sep 24 15:02:40 EDT 2005

On 09/24/05 12:46 pm Bill NY9H tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

> I thought Sears owned a big piece of Whirlpool, as Whirlpool was/is
> their major white goods supplier.

The manufacturer of "Kenmore"-branded appliances varies from appliance
to appliance and from year to year. Our "Kenmore" wahser and dryer are
(were when we bought them) made by Frigidaire. Our "Kenmore"
refrigerator is made by Whirlpool. Our current "Kenmore" microwave is
built by ?? (Amana, perhaps); the one at our old house was built by
either Whirlpool or GE, I think. People tell me that the first three
digits of the model# indicate the manufacturer.

Alan NV8A