[RFI] Humming "Telephone" Poles

Mike W2LO rfman45 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 19:56:14 EST 2006

  Thank you for the responses. No, I've noticed this loud humming on days
with absolutely no wind. If you were to hear it, it sounds just like a
transformer hum, electricomagnetic in nature as we've all heard from a
transformer. The only other thing to mention is that the intensity varies
cyclically over a period of two seconds or so.  You can hear it from forty
or so feet away.
  I've really examined these poles looking for something next to the wires
but I can't find anything. I could see if there were a transformer there but
there's nothing, just the single wire held up by two insulators.

                                               Mike  W2LO