[RFI] Powerline Noise

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:07:41 EDT 2006

Thanks for the advice.  You probably hit it on the head.  I have high
tension lines only a few hundred feet away.  The towers are about 300
or 400 feet away.  I figured it was probably coming from there, but
thought I would get other opinions.  I have an FT-817 that I use for
RFI finding, but don't yet have a portable, directional VHF/UHF
antenna.  It should be easy to walk the high tension lines since they
run parallel to a set of railroad tracks.  I'll give it a try without
the directional antenna, but if that proves unfruitful I'll have to
finally break down and buy a VHF/UHF DFing antenna.  Thanks again.