[RFI] 2m TVI

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at verizon.net
Fri Oct 27 12:40:55 EDT 2006

I used to know the 2m frequency and TV channel which mapped
to it, from cable systems.  Haven't used radio-based packet
in years, and I've forgotten.  But it's on or near one of the
packet freqs.

I suspect you will find that if you are producing TVI, you are
also able to HEAR leakage from the cable system, on your 2m radio.
Cable systems have an obligation not to radiate...

If you can establish that you hear leakage, as well as cause TVI,
and can identify the band of frequencies on 2 which affect the TV,
then it may well be that the cable company will send a tech out,
and provide good quality jumpers.

n2ea