[RFI] Weird one

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Oct 13 00:11:39 EDT 2008

Rick,

Beads do NOTHING at 40-160M -- they are VHF suppressors. Study my
RFI tutorial for specific suppression ideas.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73,

Jim K9YC

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 10:14:23 -0700 (PDT), rick darwicki wrote:

>Hi all,

>I have a Sony TV with a DirecTV box and DVD player connected with
RWY cables to the Video Inputs. Beads and snap-ons on everything
including the short speaker wires. On the low bands 40-160 with
the DirecTV box and DVD grounded together the picture tilts with
keying about 20 degrees and gets into the audio.

>If I disconnect the ground between the boxes the interference
reduces quite a bit. Now the interesting part. If I remove the RWY
cables from the DVD to the TV the interference INCREASES. However,
if I just UNPLUG the cables right at the DVD box, there is on
audio interference and the screen barely jumps at all.