[RFI] Passive Cellphone Repeater?

doc at kd4e.com doc at kd4e.com
Sat Apr 16 14:54:51 PDT 2011

It seemed to me that someone here will know about this ...

We are in a steel building and have been using a Samsung
Internet-GPS black box to generate a cellphone signal.

However, whenever there is a power glitch (three times
today due to high wind gusts in the area) we lose the
connection.

If we go outside we can get a signal off the tower.

SO ...

Has anyone rigged a passive repeater using a gain-type
outside antenna and an omnidirectional inside antenna
with only coax connecting the two back-to-back?

It seems as though that may be more reliable than the
black box device ... if it works.

WDYT?

--

Thanks! & 73, KD4E