[RFI] fence chargers

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Mon May 13 19:26:11 EDT 2013

I'm assuming you are complaining about RFI and not
acoustics.  I'm not familiar with any particular brand
that is RF quiet.  The old battery-operated fencers
are acoustically noisy.....like bonk - bonk - bonk every
second or so...can drive you nuts on a quiet day!

The guys have said recently that an "RF choke" at the
fencer output makes a lot of difference.  That will take
the "edge" off the waveform to greatly reduce its interferrence.
Google is your friend.

Also, it's very important that the fencer has a
good grounding sysyem.  It it doesn't, the return path
via the earth can be way too long, making the fencer less effective
and increasing the length of its "antenna".

73,
Charlie, N0TT