[RFI] RFI mitigation and prevention [was: led bulbs?]

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Oct 1 22:52:22 EDT 2016

Many are missing the point that regulations are often misplaced, or
inadequately applied.
In the case of RFI mitigation, the user is responsible for the
individual case, but the regulations need to be enforced against the
installer (for following recommended procedures) seller and manufacturer.
If the seller is held accountable, they will cease purchasing from that
manufacturer. If the manufacturer is held accountable for actual
interference rather than just passing a set radiation limit under
controlled conditions, they "might" become a bit more conscientious.

The toilet is a good example of regulations and last I read we were
talking about "regulations", their implementation and effectiveness.
There the onus is on the manufacturer, so why can't it be the same with
RFI? As I read the regs, that ability to do so is there.

73

Roger (K8RI)