[RFI] Crepe Myrtle growing into power pole RFI Why?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 26 15:34:09 EDT 2021

On 5/26/2021 9:59 AM, Mike Martin wrote:
> The urgency for clearing trees is because they become energized when they're wet and the step potential around the tree is increased.

There is another urgency here in the west, where excessive new growth of
large and small trees, brush, and grass fuels the wildfires that kill
peoplel and destroy hundreds of homes. Four local hams, including CQ
Hall of Fame Contester K6XX, lost everything in July fires that started
with a massive (and rare, for this area) lightning storm. That fire
stopped just across the road from us. We've spent more than $10K
clearing all of that our 8 acres of forest, leaving the old growth
redwoods untouched.

73, Jim K9YC