[RFI] RFI ID Help Needed

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 13:06:29 EDT 2021

Hi Don,

Thanks for responding.

I am using a 14 inch loop I built from your plans many years ago.  I think this loop is for lower frequencies though.  I used it with success finding noises on 160 meters.  I've never tracked down noise on higher HF frequencies.

I went outside again today and turned the K3 preamp on and I can now hear the signal but its pretty weak.  However, I can hear all kinds of CW and FT8 signals with no problem ?

I will take another drive through the neighborhood and see if I can locate the signal now that I can hear it.

Joe
N3HEE