[RSM] SS CW K3KU -- RSM addendum

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:33:22 EST 2017

Main report, such as it is, is on 3830scores.com.  Disappointing -- second
year in a row of drop in QSO total.  Is it just a coincidence that I
switched from CT-DOS to N1MM+ two years ago?  Maybe not; lots of people who
understand these things say condx were bad on 80M, where I make a lot of my
QSOs.  Certainly had a loud line of t-storms come through the SE and
Mid-Atlantic USA just as we were trying to get going on 80M Sunday evening.

Early Saturday night I heard VE4GV on 20M; pretty loud, but he did not hear
me -- or anybody else.  He disappeared after a few minutes of fruitless
CQing.  I finally found Rob again on 20M, loud again, on Sunday at 2113Z.
That's late enough in the 'Test that I thought I might miss MB again.
About half an hour later VE4VT answered my CQ on 20M; thanks, Ed.  Loud!  I
heard Ed later Sunday evening on 40M.  Loud!  No other MB heard.

I did QSO a few other RSM: VE3CX (reliable), VE3RUA, KE0A.  I also heard
KG0YL and I think another NDak just at the time I heard Nancy.

So, the disappointment of falling score is balanced by the joy of working
several RSM.

Thanks for the QSOs.  Hope to see you in SS SSB,

73, Art K3KU/VE4VTR