[RSM] K3KU SS CW SOLP

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:21:21 EST 2022

80:  325
40:  131
20:   87
15:    66
10:    21
Total: 630 QSO, 84 Sect, 105,840 points

100W and a dipole; 23:20 op time

Long post at https://www.3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=hEauzovqvccgb

I focused on the sweep this year.  In many ways it was surprisingly easy --
two NT; four AK; four MAR; four(!) NE; seven(!!!) EWA.

And in some ways it was hard.  No WV until the last hour (that's local; I
usually work three or four). And, as with many SSers this year, LAX ws
tough.  I could not crack a couple of the unruly pileups onthe high bands,
but 40 minutes before the end I found N6AA on 40M; got thru ok: I was his
NR 71, which indicates that I was searching effectively and efficiently.

Searching found VE4VT (nice QRP!) on 40M pretty early, and VE4GV later on
the high bands.  I heard some runner send "VE4XT" and jumped in to work
him, but it turned out to be 'GV.  Was he working Kelly?? I dunno; sorry
about the dupe, Rob.

Three SK and three AB.

Searching for mult's (SOLP; no spots; just tune the big knob) clearly cost
me QSO volume and score.  But it was fun, and satisfying to get the SOLP
sweep.  Tough on the body, and it's taken me over a week to recover to the
point where I'm looking forward to SS SSB.

Listen for K3KU.  He'll be the weak one.

73 ES CU SS SSB,
Art K3KU