[RTTY] Important RTTY contests?

tgstewart@pepco.com tgstewart@pepco.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:41:43 -0400

The biggest is obviously the CQWW RTTY contest.  Probably next in line
would be the WPX contest (I forget who is sponsoring it these days).

There are several mid-sized ones that are at least interesting.  One of my
favorites is the Volta contest which features distance-based QSO points,
multipliers for the "extreme" bands, plus lots of the normal multipliers,
which creates some really obscenely large scores for those who take it
seriously.  My world record currently stands at just under 2 Billion
points! hi!  Other fairly popular ones are the BARTG, SARTG, and WAEDC
contests.

In the US, the RTTY Roundup is extremely popular, as is the relatively new
NAQP for RTTY.  NAQP remains one of my favorite contests in any mode, with
it's short duration (10 out of 12 hours) and band multipliers which
encourages the passing of multipliers and fast-paced action!  NAQP Team
competition adds an extra dash of flavor to an already savory dish!  It's
just plain fun!

73, Ty K3MM

                    "Ekki"
                    <ekki@plicht.de       To:     "_Rtty" <rtty@contesting.com>
                    >                     cc:
                    Sent by:              Subject:     [RTTY] Important RTTY contests?
                    rtty-admin@cont
                    esting.com

                    07/13/2001
                    07:03 PM

Since i am just writing an article about RTTY contesting for a german
publication, i would like to query the group which RTTY contests you would
consider 'important' or 'big' ? All 448hrs ones? Which are more fun? Which
could go away without being missed?

Thanks &

UE
Ekki, DF4OR