[RTTY] KE4KWE SOABLP WPX

Shelby Summerville k4ww@home.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:43:02 -0500

GU0SUP mobile.workshop@guernseytelecoms.com wrote: "we need to educate some
of these guys, but I am not sure it is too practical in the midst of battle.
It also doesn't take into account the fact that there may be a problem with
language either. Anyone got any good ideas??"

As I have mentioned several times, I keep a log of (my definition) offending
stations, and "post contest", if they have email, send a "friendly" email
pointing out their "offenses"! I don't just use my ideas, but also refer
them to the "informative" RTTY sites for their own self-education and
improvment in their efficiency in RTTY contests! I also found out, in this
contest, that using a call that is not in the database, and not
"highlighted" is prone to multitudes of erronous copy, thus resulting in
multitudes of calls from "dupes"! I anxiously await a UBN, just to see how
many "NIL" will result from mis-copy? For those of you that believe in "post
contest" editing...it was KY4AA! We all have our own reasons for working/not
working "dupes", but when someone tells me I'm a dupe without telling me
exactly when we worked, I question their accuracy? My "B-4" buffer tells
time/band to allow their checking of their log. Usually, I don't get a
second request for another QSO.
C'Ya, Shelby