[RTTY] PW0T - disgusting!

Ekki Plicht ekki@plicht.de
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:42:17 +0100

> Cops are a pain, listen to the TI and PW operations on phone.. but what is
> the answer?

Education, education, education... but not on the band during DX as cops do.
By us, by me, by you, by all who made successful contacts on DX and have
some experience, on either end of DX. Off of the DX freq, at meetings,
wherever someone listens to what you say.

I am licensed since 28 yrs, learned from all people before me, beginning
with my father (DJ6XR sk), that it takes patience and the ability to listen.
The lesson never changed - patience and listen to work DX.

During the last 3 days I tried H40T, PW0T and TI9M, all in vain. It requires
all my patience and restraint not to send some cruise missiles to certain
stns who call simplex, deliberately jam the DX freq etc.

Since the invention of the dx-cluster every moron knows where the DX is. Not
that the DX cluster is bad, but before that it took even more knowledge and
patience. Nowadays the pileups are much larger because everybody just jumps
into the fray and starts calling. So perhaps, when you make announcements on
the cluster, state clearly that the dx is working split and up (or down).

Just my two cents after lots of frustration during the last hours.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR