[RTTY] ARRL RU Questions

Bill Turner w7ti@dslextreme.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:35:46 -0800

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:44:21 -0600, Bear wrote:

>1) Do I need to include the DX QSO serial numbers in the QSO log that I
>submit to the ARRL?
>
>2) During the contest I took some breaks to eat with the family, watched a
>movie went to church on Sunday etc.... I considered my rest period to a 7
>hour sleep period. I assumed the sleep period would be the required 6 hour
>break, but I see that the ARRL doesn't want the rest period to be noted on
>the log. I'm worried that the ARRL software will see  the 1-2 hour breaks as
>part of the rest period requirement and and cause problems with my overall
>submission..... Any info on the rest period requirements would be
>appreciated...

1.  Yes, do include the DX serial numbers.  They are part of the
exchange.

2.  Are you sending in paper logs?  If so, mark the rest periods
manually.  For e-logs, you must submit your log in the Cabrillo format,
but you do not have to note rest periods at all.  The log checking
software at ARRL will find them automatically.  The rules state "The six
hours of off time must be taken in no more than two blocks."  In your
case, a single seven hour period qualifies.

The rules can be found at:

http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/rtty.html

Welcome to RTTY contesting!

73, Bill W7TI