[RTTY] RR and the Guy on the other side K0BX

k0bx@qsl.net k0bx@qsl.net
10 Jan 2002 10:48:18 -0800

Hi gang, I sure had a ball in the RR.  It was like old home week seeing many of the guys that I have worked over the last 25 years in RTTY.

This year instead of operating at home on low power I decided to operate from our company club station here in St. Louis.  The club station is in a trailer behind one of the building.  The company Boeing is located right next to the Airport in St. Louis and the Airport authorities were nice enough to tear down all the homes within 2 or 3 miles.  No TVI!!!

The station has a 72' US crankup motor tower.
The Antenna is a Force Twelve, 5 elements on 10, 3 elements on 15&20 and 2 elements on 40 meters on a 38' boom.

The main rig is a Icom IC775DSP. Amp is a Henry 4K Ultra, MFJ tuner and an IBM PC 586/266.
I built a homebrew soundcard cable so I could use Writelog/MMTTY and FSK the 775.

After saying all that, I have a couple of pictures of the shack taken during the contest.  I thought you might enjoy seeing the guy on the other end since I worked most of you.  Please check on the following link.  It will take about 30 seconds for the pictures to come up.

http://www.qsl.net/k0bx/roundup.htm

Maybe we could get someone else to post their pictures??

Joe K0BX St. Louis Mo

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx
http://www.shopping.altavista.com