[RTTY] VK4UC Anatolian SOAB

John Cashen vk4uc@ozemail.com.au
Sun, 19 May 2002 08:15:59 +1000

It looked like all of North America was at Dayton this weekend.  Well from
this end it appeared they didn't miss much.  Band conditions were
(relatively) terrible.  Early closures and very late openings. Signals were
noticeably weaker as well. The high point here was  4K6DI calling me  at
the end (2046z )after earlier in the contest calling him for 15 minutes and
not being heard.
I knew that 20M had finally opened here at 1925z when all of a sudden AL1G
comes booming in on an otherwise dead band. And after I had set the alarm
clock at 1800z (4am local time)  only to listen to 90 minutes
of  absolutely nothing!  I actually thought my antennas had blown down
since usually EU is booming in at that time. Thanks to TA9J and  the other
TA's that put on the Anatolian.

         QSOs    Points  DX:     Call Areas
80m:    0       0       0       0
40m:    0       0       0       0