[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

Ken Brookner kenb at brookner.com
Tue Aug 19 08:53:02 EDT 2003

i have a 5-land call and live in 7-land.  i don't sign portable under
any circumstances anymore.  i used to, but caught flack from dx about
doing so in contests.  because of the various master call databases i
had to become consistent, otherwise i would hear "/7??," or "7 or not??"
all the time from both phone and digital contests (and even dx during
non-contest contacts) and this just slows everyone down.

my preference for continental US ops is to disallow all portable signing
during contests.  for working by numbers, i'm a '5' and i don't play
games trying to double dip in pile-ups by also trying the 'portable 7'
ploy.  where contests absolutely require portable signing, i generally
don't play anymore.

i think that would make it simpler for everyone to *not* use portable
signage for US continental ops.  my .02.

kenb, ky5g